This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stairlift User Manuals / Technical / Brochures - Upload

I'm trying to find a way of uploading technical manuals to the forum. And was wondering what your thoughts were on having these documents "locked or password protected" so only qualified installers can access them..
    Yes - Password protected
    100.00%
    No - everyone should be able to download them
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Yes we would have to or it would give the manufacturers a good excuse to try and shut the site down on health and safety grounds.

Not to mention every have a go handy man in cash strapped care homes up and down the country attempting to fix stairlifts.

Comment

Yes I agree most manufacturers won't even give telephone support unless you've been given thier training. So I feel you'll need to be quite protective with the information.... is it possible to say have a certain post count minimum before you can access it, at least that way regulars who hopefully would be relatively trustworthy and here for the long term would benefit, it may even generate a bit more discusion here.
      Last edited by Kevin; 22-02-2014, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Great idea Kevin - the "minimum post" is something that can be implemented straight away on this one

Comment

It's not that simple. All manufacturers retain copyright on thier manuals, they withhold the right to pass those documents to untrained persons, many technical departments will not even assist an engineer unless he can prove he has undertaken the relevant product training for equipment he wants help with.
          Any person publishing those documents leaves themself liable to legal action, you may well be able to get them elsewhere but to behave in a professional manner we must respect the Law and Manufacturers wishes.
          As for job protection I don't think that comes into it even though we do this job to earn a wage, it's nice to help someone else. People who post questions in an educated and sensible way will get as much help as many here can offer within reason - some jobs really should only be attempted after proper relevant training. But if they sound like a bodge artist who is likely to just circumvent every safety switch to get a bit of kit running no matter what the risk won't get the same help.... other than to try and explain why they shouldn't do what they suggested!
          Last edited by Kevin; 08-08-2014, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Ha Ha Albion - I've got a Furse 103 if you want that Karl?

Comment

Hi Does anyone have tech data on brooks /acorn 180 (2016) curve going lift please. My problem is it has been left discharged for some time and appears to have lost some of the programming data, it is sometimes but not always going into error in both directions when changing track angle and sometimes forgetting its programmed limits, It has been installed in exactly the same orientation as originally installed, I am a retired electrical engineer from an industrial automation background and have installed this for a friend for free as he is in need and has little funds, I choose it from Ebay and removed it ... any info would be much appreciated ... Regards John
              Last edited by Peter John Renshaw-Booth; 21-10-2017, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Hello,
                I have oerhaps a. newer version of the PC board, as it does. not include the program switch mentioned in various commentaries. I heard the program mode could be activated by depressing several switches simultaneously. Does anyone know where I could find this information?
                Thank you much

Comment

Are you a trained stairlift engineer?

Comment

Can anyone provide my electrician with a wiring diagram of the halfway box on a stannah 229 goldrail with hinged rail so that he can check the wiring done by an LES engineer who was not fully conversant with this lift?

Comment

Working...
                    X