An exciting position has arisen for an experienced Engineer who is interested in learning about mobility products and equipment. You will be based at the engineering workshop in Hanley, where you will complete high quality control checks on a range of equipment (mobility scooters, wheelchairs, powerchairs etc). You will also have the opportunity to learn about our various products and offer excellent customer service to our customers.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Checking, repairing and servicing products in the workshop
- Completing all relevant paperwork both manual and electronic
- Liaising with Head Office and customers about repairs, servicing etc
- Maintaining all tools, spares and equipment within a safe working condition
- Keeping the work area in a clean and tidy condition
- Supporting the store on deliveries and other collections (recycling etc) when required
Skills and Experience:
- Good customer service skills
- IT Literacy keyboard skills and experience of Word, Excel, Outlook
- Team player
- Clear and detailed communication – written and spoken
- Time Management
- Strong light engineering/servicing background
- Methodical with attention to detail and a practical approach to work
- High-quality standards and workmanship
- Motivated, flexible and enthusiastic
Ableworld is the country’s leading retailer in the rapidly growing Mobility and Homecare Sector. From our retail outlets we offer customers a large selection of quality mobility and homecare products at value-for-money prices and exceptional levels of service and aftercare. Our products which range from walking sticks to hi-spec mobility powerchairs, from back supports to stairlifts, are all designed to give our customers greater independence and improved quality of life.
A full valid licence is essential as a company van will be provided along with all workwear and tools to support your job.
A DBS disclosure will be required for this position (for which Ableworld will meet the cost).
As an Engineer we will Offer You:
We place real value on our employees and appreciate the hard work that all our staff put in. As a result, we like to compensate our employees with comprehensive in-house training, a package that includes a basic salary, generous performance-driven bonuses and 20 days paid holiday (plus 8 Bank Holidays). Full training and development opportunities will be given for the role.
If you are interested in this position then please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit ableworld.co.uk .