Website Platinum Stairlifts Limited
Role and Responsibilities
This role has the overall responsibility for all aspects of shift-based team in their unit /product group this will include:
- Ensuring operating standards are met and sustained on safety, environment compliance and 5S and their behaviours are in line with company policy procedures and values by all staff under their control and visiting their unit during their shift.
- To ensure first aider, fire marshall cover and skills in maintained in place and up to date on their shifts and act on issues arising from safety and fire inspections and all relevant accident, near misses are reported and investigated and all action arising implemented – (including disciplinaries – if required).
- Ensure all activities within the area have all relevant and up to date COSHH info, Risk Assessments, SOPs, Visual Standards and TPM arrangements in place to ensure safe and effective operation of all processes and associated equipment.
- To own the quality of product coming out of their shift team and to provide a quality gateway where required to sign off the product their teams produce.
- Conducts random process confirmations and layered process audits to ensure compliance to processes and procedures and support with relevant corrective actions to ensure we sustain the “One Best Way”
- Run the daily SQCDP team briefing sessions to ensure that all teams are involved and informed on SQCDP – Safety Quality Cost, Delivery and People progress and plans in their relevant areas
- From the team level SQCDP sessions escalate issues that need the support of other areas at the daily production meeting, raise strips as appropriate
- Through this method they communicate with, inform and engage teams in Continuously improving all areas of that area of our operations
- Leads the formal shift handover process to ensure all bays signed over as to standards and all jobs in progress properly handed over
- Maintain and use the Daily KPIs metrics for the daily production meeting and use the data to drive and track local improvements
- They maintain and use the internal RFT metrics to be able to improve the performance of individuals at and of processes each process stage to continually drive up quality
- They own and ensure the TPM schedules and methods are being maintained by their operaters and any external /support resources that contribute to the TPM schedules
- To maintain a stock and stores of quality tools and spares to keep team members equipped
- Proactively work with manufacturing Engineering, CI and Quality support resources to improve and lock down improvements through standardization of workplaces and processes Ie SOPs
- To encourage and facilitate Continuous Improvement ideas from team members and support their implementation.
- To liaise with the CI lead to ensure SOPs are kept 100% accurate, live and continuously improving and any changes to SOPs fed back into the teams through retraining on changes and updates of Training records
- The selection and evaluation of new recruits for build, test prep and saw roles on behalf of the Rails Shop Manager using standardized assessment tools and method.
- Work with the Training Team leader, and CNC Equipment team leader to ensure all staff receive the right training as new recruits
- To collaborate with Shift Team leaders, CNC team leader, shift trainers and Rails shop Manager to develop and maintain a multi skilling training program for high performing staff to enable multi skilling training of build, test, prep, CNC staff.
- For those successfully trained as new recruits, maintain accuracy and updates of relevant skills matrices at all times.
- Ensure all attendance records, return to work interviews, disciplinary investigations, Bradford factor reviews are done to ensure all employees are cared for and the attendance targets are maintained.
- To make the right decisions on candidates and apprentices that are not making the grade and provide, Performance Improvement plans, catch up training or exit routes as appropriate and manage each step as we go through.
- Experienced in welding and fabrication methods
- Experienced in the leadership of Fabrication teams
- Experienced In training others on welding, fabrication methods and trouble-shooting support
- Ability to effectively communicate with; teams, teams leaders, and management team members, college staff
- Experience of making improvements in teams and performance as a team leader
- Experienced in leading and training fabricators in the stair lifts sector
- Experience of working in lean manufacturing environments and delivering and facilitating Continuous Improvement
Qualifications and Education Requirements
A team leaders qualification or experience
Ideally a Train the trainer qualification
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00-£32,500.00 per year
- Bonus scheme
- Company events
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Wellness programmes
- 8 hour shift
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.co.uk.