Website Derbyshire Mobility
About Derbyshire Mobility
Derbyshire Mobility have been established in the mobility industry for over 20 years, and with a new showroom on the horizon, are looking to expand their product offering with a view to increasing turnover by 50% over the next 24 months.
As a family-run business, the company has gained a reputation for a caring, high-quality provider of mobility equipment.
The services include the sale, repair and maintenance of mobility equipment including scooters, wheelchairs, bespoke furniture, and stairlifts.
About the Role
Over the last 12 months, Derbyshire Mobility has dipped its toe in the water of the bespoke/high-end wheelchair market, with some success. The company is now looking to employ a full-time BDM/Product Specialist to manage this area of the business, from the generation of leads, through to handing over products and providing ongoing support to customers.
This is a new role within Derbyshire Mobility, so the potential for the successful candidate is uncapped, and the autonomy provided to kickstart this side of the business will come down to the candidate’s willingness and previous experience in similar roles.
The role will be partly home-based, and partly site-based, whilst some time in one of our Derbyshire showrooms will be required. Reporting to the Managing Director on a weekly basis to update on progress with potential.
Due to the nature of the business, the successful candidate will be expected to help in the showroom, and with other parts of the business, as and when required.
Requirement of the role:
- Research into companies and organisations that can use our products and services
- Looking into local authority contracts
- An understanding of digital marketing to help gain leads
- To seek now commercial opportunities with new and existing partners, developing innovative services, business models and ways of working to secure additional income streams
- Input into a marketing plan to help drive the right customers to our website and physical site, including the development of printed materials
- The ability to assess customers with specific disabilities and prescribe the correct product – training provided if no previous experience
- A confident use of the tools and software required to make changes to the product before and/or after delivery
- Dealing directly with suppliers to make sure correct items/parts are ordered
About the candidate
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Computer skills must come naturally, and be something you are more than comfortable with
- The ability to work under pressure, and see a job through to completion
- A full UK driving license
- Experience of business development – preferred
- Experience of working within the mobility industry – preferred
- Experience and understanding within digital marketing, the ability to review data
- Knowledge of tools and tooling to make adjustments to powered and manual wheelchairs (training provided)
- A caring and hard-working attitude
£20,000 – 30,000 (OTE) Plus Pension, Plus Company Vehicle
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £20.00-£30,000.00 per year
- Commission pay
- Company car
- Company pension
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Mobility: 1 year (Preferred)
- Business Development: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driving License (Preferred)
Flexible Working Options Available:
- Work from home
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.co.uk.